This Week's Announcements and Events
* Deacons Tricky Tray is Nov 6. If you have any new or gently used items or gift cards you would like to donate for the fundraiser, you may bring them to the office during the week or on Sunday when you come for worship. Questions? Contact Brian or Debi Heusser
* Tutoring Ministry Volunteers requested – If you are interested in volunteering to help tutor 1st – 3rd graders on Wednesday Afternoons from 2-3:30, please contact Liz Renwick.
* Deacon Assistance – Winter is always a challenging time for our Deacons as they serve to show God’s love to members and friends by arranging meals for the sick, transportation to appointments, home visits, etc. If you are willing to help in any way, please contact us. Your name will be on a list for them to call in the future to see if you can help when needed.
* Worship Lay Leaders – if you would like to honor and praise God by participating in worship as a Lay Leader, assisting Pastor Gary with readings, please contact the office or Mary Ellen Beck.
*Deacons Soup and Sandwich and BINGO – Please plan on coming on Sunday, Oct 17 after the 11am service for fellowship, food, and fun. There will be prizes for the winners of BINGO. Donations will be accepted to support the Deacons Fund.
* Heartwarming tree – Donations of new hats, gloves, scarves, and socks are being accepted at the tree in the narthex until Nov 6 and then will be distributed to area shelters. You may also get a free sheet of Tricky Tray tickets if you donate items on the night of the fundraiser in the Fellowship Hall.
*Thanksgiving Food Baskets – The Deacons will be offering Food Baskets this year. If you have asked and know a family who could use one, please contact the office to put them on the list. Please have their name, number of adults and children and their phone number. Baskets will be distributed on Nov 21. There will be a sign up for food donations toward the end of October.